Pic courtesy: https://www.tentcityvaranasi.com/
- The Tent City in Varanasi will operate from October to June and be dismantled from July to September
- Guests are required to provide original copies of ID proofs while checking-in
- Tourists will be able to reach Varanasi Tent City by boat from various ghats nearby
More than 200 tents have been set up on the sandy banks of the Ganga, providing tourists with a panoramic view of the holy city’s famous ghats on the other side of the river, as well as live classical music, aarti in the evening, and yoga classes.
Since Kashi Vishwanath Dham’s inauguration, Varanasi has been witnessing an influx of tourists. This project will cater to that demand. It was developed by the Varanasi Development Authority in the public-private partnership mode.
Tourists will be able to reach Tent City by boat from various ghats nearby. The Tent City will operate from October to June and be dismantled for three months (July-September) during the rainy season due to rising river levels.
Varanasi’s Tent City is reminiscent of the Sand Dunes in Jaisalmer and the Rann of Kutch in Gujarat.
Tent City Varanasi
Varanasi Development Authority’s vice chairman Abhishek Goyal said the Tent City will bring together religion, spirituality, and culture. “Guests at the Tent City will experience the sunrise, live music events in the morning, yoga session by the river as well as boat tours. Special care has been taken for the comfort, convenience and safety of all tourists,” he said.
Three clusters of tents include villas of 900 square feet each, super deluxe accommodation of 480 to 580 square feet each, and deluxe accommodation of 250 to 400 square feet each, said Goyal.
There are Swiss cottages, an art gallery, a library, a gaming zone, restaurants, dining areas, conference facilities, spas, and yoga studios in the tent city. He also said there would be water sports and camel and horse rides on the sandy banks of the Ganga.
Tent City Varanasi Price
|All Inclusive (exclusive of applicable GST)
|Bed and Breakfast (exclusive of applicable GST)
|Ganga Darshan Villas
|River-Facing AC Villa with Private Beach, Plunge Pool, Living Area, King-Size bed, Hall and other facilities.
|Rs 20,000 per person
|Rs 15,000 per person
|Spacious AC Tent with Seating Area setup, King-size Bed and other facilities
|Rs 12,000 per person
|Rs 8,500 per person
|Sizeable AC Tent with a Twin Bed and other facilities
|Rs 10,000 per person
|Rs 6,500 per person
|AC Tent with a Twin Bed and other facilities
|Rs 7,500 per person
|Rs 4,000 per person
For more information, log on to https://www.tentcityvaranasi.com/package.html.
Tent City Varanasi Booking
- Visit the website – https://www.tentcityvaranasi.com
- Click on the ‘Book Now’ button after selecting the accommodation type
- Choose the dates you would like to book
- Guests are required to provide original copies of ID proofs (Aadhaar Card for Indian guests, Passport, Visa, and OCI for foreign guests) at the time of check-in.
- A complimentary stay will be provided to children under the age of 6 without any additional arrangements.
- Transfers are available on a chargeable basis upon request.
- A third person or child may be accommodated on a chargeable basis and will be provided with an extra mattress if there is a triple occupancy.
- The itinerary, sightseeing, package inclusions, and facilities of Tent City Varanasi are subject to change at any time without notice.