The offer – which must be booked by Monday, Sept.20 – covers travel between Oct. 5 and Dec. 15, excluding a dozen days around Thanksgiving.
The Seattle-based airline, which has a West Coast focus, said the “BOGO” ticket offer is good on flights in coach class to more than 120 destinations, including Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, Belize and other vacation hotspots.
►Forget about that toast at 35,000 feet:Southwest Airlines isn’t bringing back inflight booze until at least 2022
►Visiting Maui this fall?:Forget about indoor dining at restaurants, bars unless you’re vaccinated.
Alaska Airlines BOGO deal: The fine print before you buy
As with all airline fare sales, there is fine print galore. Here’s what you need to know:
- For most destinations, travel is limited to flights departing on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, which are off-peak days for airlines.
- Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica and Belize is valid Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica and Belize is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Traveling solo or need to fly on other days? Use the BOGOTIME code for 10% off other flights booked during the BOGO promotion. The 10% discount is also valid for first-class flights.
- Travel between Nov. 18 and Nov. 29 is blacked out. Thanksgiving is Thursday, Nov. 25.
- Ticket buyers must pay taxes on the “free ticket.”
- The promotion excludes flights operated by Alaska Airlines codeshare partners, including its new West Coast partner American Airlines. Flights by regional partners SkyWest and Horizon Air are eligible