WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – The Purdue women’s basketball team is set for its first road game in over a month when it heads to Michigan State on Sunday for a 2 p.m. tip on B1G+. The Boilermakers will look to extend their winning streak to five games.
Tim Newton will bring the action to the airways on 95.3 BOB FM.
LAST TIME OUT
Purdue extended its winning streak to four in a row last Sunday when Jeanae Terry sank a buzzer beater as time expired to top Rutgers 60-58 at Mackey Arena. The Boilermakers built up a 21-point lead in the third quarter that Rutgers battled back from to tie with less than a minute to play. Terry, Abbey Ellis and Madison Layden scored 11 points each.
• Purdue holds a 42-36 series lead against Michigan State, but the Spartans have won five of the last seven.
• Riding a four-game winning streak, Purdue has shot an even 50% from the field 8.5 points, nine steals and 21.5 assists per game.
• Just shy of the halfway point of the year, Cassidy Hardin (43) is nearly halfway to the single-season 3-point record of 88 held by Katie Gearlds (2006-07) and Karissa McLaughlin (2018-19).
• Purdue is one 18 teams in the nation averaging over eight 3-pointers and 16 assists per game.
• The Boilermakers rank seventh among Power 6 schools with 34.4% of their total points coming from behind the arc.
• Purdue moved into a tie for 39th in NCAA history with 897 wins, just three away from the 900-victory club.
• Junior Brooke Moore is one of 23 players in the nation to score over 100 points without starting a game this season.
• Rickie Woltman is averaging 8.8 points and 7.4 rebounds per game since joining the starting lineup against Maryland.
• The Boilermakers are second in the Big Ten with an opponent 3-point clip of 26.4%.
• Jeanae Terry has climbed up to second in the Big Ten with 72 assists on the year, as Purdue assists on 66.1% of its made field goals, good for 12th in the nation.